The #msxdev Compo is a MSX software competition in which all sorts of MSX software is allowed. Maybe you prefer utilities over games, or would like to make a kick-ass MSX2+ game? Maybe you want to enter a competition, but haven't yet because it was limited to MSX1 games? Perhaps you want to use hardware expansions like FM-PAC or Graphics9000? Then this competition is for you!
Registration for #msxdev Compo 2013 is now open!
- 15 February 2013
- Because the prize for #msxdev Compo 2012 could not be awarded, it is bumped to #msxdev Compo 2013. So the first donation for the prize pot of #msxdev Compo 2013 is in! The original condition is reinstated, so 50 euro will be shared by #msxdev Compo 2013 entries that have been publically announced in the past, but were somehow never finished. We hope there will be more prize pot donations this time. Come on, let's give people some motivation to develop some high quality MSX software!
- Due to the extremely low amount of votes, there will not be a final ranking for #msxdev Compo 2012. The judging and/or voting procedures will be reconsidered in order to avoid this situation in the future.
- 1 February 2013
- A very disappointing anti-climax to an otherwise successful first edition. We've received 1 (ONE!) vote from someone who is not affiliated with #msxdev (thanks Konamito!). Obviously with such an incredibly low turn-out, a winner cannot be decided. We are considering our options. It's just very disappointing that so many of you are enjoying the #msxdev Compo 2012 entries, but are not willing to spend less than 5 minutes to vote on them...
- 29 January 2013
- The results of the judges are in! After reading their reports, you can tell us your list of top winners. Just visit #msxdev IRC by clicking this link, voting is open until the end of the month. Unfortunately, competitor Gamecast failed to fulfill its obligation to submit a report, so feel free to weigh this into your votes.
- 1 January 2013
- The #msxdev Compo 2012 came to a close, with 7 entries making the deadline! Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances, Infinite was not able to finish their entry. However, they promise to raise the bar for 2013's edition and compete with the best Infinite game yet! Does that sound like a challenge? Registration for #msxdev Compo 2013 is now open!
- In the past few months the procedure and rules for judging have crystallized. People able and willing to join #msxdev can vote on 29-31 January by way of listing their preferred top 3-7. Before then, all participants will have judged eachothers entries. All voters are advised to take the judges comments and opinions under consideration.
- Because none of the entries meets the condition of the currently only prize, it has been converted to a general prize. So, 50 euro for the winning entry! It is still possible to donate towards the prize pot of either #msxdev Compo 2012 or #msxdev Compo 2013.
The #msxdev IRC channel started in 2002 as a place for discussion between MSX developers and enthusiasts. Ideas for a programming competition sprouted in 2006, when regular visitors complained about the limitations of existing contests. Seeing no improvement in that regard, it was decided by a group of regular visitors of #msxdev to finally launch our own competition for 2012, open to everyone and everything MSX.
To submit your entry, donate a prize, or discuss something, it's probably best to simply visit #msxdev, but sending e-mail to msxdev (at) xs4all.nl is fine as well.